It’s 1:18am on a Wednesday night/morning. And I can’t sleep. Second night in a row. I’m not quite at the Machinist end of the scale, but I’m pretty damn sleep-deprived at the moment. Damn.
I have regular problems sleeping. Sometimes my mind is just overworking thinking about various situations, worrying too much about silly things I really shouldn’t be stressing about. But other times I’ve consumed too much caffeine in a day and my mind just won’t rest. Today is one of those days.
Sitting in bed on my laptop definitely does not help the situation. But I’ve just googled some sleep exercises, which hopefully will help the situation once I publish this.
Why is it always mid-week I can’t sleep, but weekends I fall asleep at 10pm on the couch?!
Got me thinking about some rather strange thoughts.
- Why is there a light in the fridge and not in the freezer?
- Why does mineral water that has supposedly ‘trickled through mountains for centuries’ have a ‘use by’ date?
- What do you call male ballerinas?
- Why do dogs get mad at you when you blow in their faces, but when you take them on a car ride, they sticks his head out the window?
- Do birds pee?
- Do fish sleep?
- What was the best thing before sliced bread?
- Why do they lock bathrooms at petrol stations? Are they afraid someone will clean them?
- Why is there an expiry date on sour cream?
- Why do I think Subway is healthy but wouldn’t dare think of eating in McDonalds?!